I love to play guitar with friends. Playing you guitar in front of a crowd of screaming and adoring fans is the ultimate dream of any aspiring musician. While you may begin your journey only wanting to play music, once you get a taste of the stage it is hard to turn away from it. At some point you may find yourself becoming the leader of the band you are in. If you think that this is the path for you then you should embrace it.
The leader of a band is so important to the health and power of the band for a reason. He is the figurehead of the band. He makes the decisions and is the face of the band. He is called the leader for a reason.
The lead guitarist is often the one who the crowd most looks to for the mood of the night. It is his responsibility to get the attention of the crowd and entertain them with his guitar skills. He must make the crowd feel that they are being entertained by the band as a whole. He is there to please the crowd.
If you like to show off and entertain this is your chance. You must remember, however, that in this position the most important person is you.
Once you’ve decided what type of rocker you’ll be, be it a punk rocker or soul man, you must make sure you have what it takes to be the lead man of a real successful rock band. You must have:
a. A plan
If you don’t know what you want then you will never get it. IT is important to have a plan. Be sure to have goals in mind with deadlines for when you’ll be there. A plan is much like a path. Let it be what drives you to a successful music career.
b. A Positive Outlook
You must be persistent to achieve your goals. You have to have what it takes to be a leader if you want to ever be under the lights on stage. You must be a beacon for the band. Always remember that you control the crowd, you must never let them get the best of you in good or bad.
c. Good Execution
When you are a musician you must never stop learning and practicing. Being the leader makes this even more true as people look to you. IF you are the reason that your band is getting bad reviews and poor showing then you should not be the leader. If you want to reach your full potential you should never stop practicing.
Your ability with the guitar is what makes you who you are. Although you have the ability to play the guitar conventionally, it is important that you display the ability to perform tricks and do things to impress the crowd. When you look at some of the most famous guitar players of all time you will notice that they all had special ways to play that set them apart.
e. Being a good leader
Remember that while you are the leader there are still other members in your band that have to deal with pressure and stress too. You must be disciplined to maintain good relationships within the band and let it thrive. Remembering these important things will help you be a great leader.
Incoming search terms:
- qualities to be lead guitarist
When learning to play the guitar the most important question you can ask is also the simplest question. Which guitar should I learn to play on?
The first thing you should think about is your musical taste. Do you like mellow stuff? How about hard rock? Do you like unplugged, natural music or electric metal? What kind of music you want to make will help make the decision.
Many beginning musicians put far too much worry into their first guitar. A good musician can make beautiful music with a new guitar or an old, beat up one. If you need some tips on selecting your first guitar then here are some listed:
1. Think about what type of music you love, this is the single most important part. Chances are you chose to learn to play based on that music, so it will drive you to learn best. What do you want to hear when you strum your guitar? Soft melodies or hard rock jams? What you listen to will help you make your choice.
2. Know what you can afford. Just because a guitar is more expensive doesn’t mean it’s better for you. If you can find a guitar that sounds well for cheap then go for it. Get the best guitar you can for what you can afford, but don’t go over budget. It isn’t necessary to start with the top of the line. Sometimes it is possible to get discounts or payment plans on guitars, so if you absolutely must have a certain guitar, ask if it’s possible to make it easier to afford. Sometimes all you have to do is ask and a discount will become available.
3. Make the decision on the type of guitar and features it will have. Now that you have to resources to obtain it, it is time to claim your prize. Be sure that you have made the right decision, consult with a friend that plays, once you make the purchase you will be setting yourself down a path that will be hard to change.
4. You will have to make the choice between electric and acoustic. There are reasons to pick either one. An electric guitar is notably easier to learn to play on for a variety of reasons. But being able to play on an electric guitar does not mean you will be able to play an acoustic. There are also more accessories you need to buy with an electric that you won’t need with an acoustic.
An acoustic guitar can be harder to hold and to press down chords than an electric. You should keep in mind, though, that once you learn how to play guitar on an acoustic you will ostensibly know how to play on an electric, the same cannot be said for the opposite because you may not be able to press the chords.
The choice can be a difficult one but it is an important one all the same. Take all of the information you have and make the best decision that you can.